Security

What setting can I change for a role to give them larger export capabilities?

pkeller
Contributor

I have a user whose search export results are capping at 10Mb ... But with the admin role I can export well beyond that. Anyone know the specific capability that controls this?

Thank you ... Splunk 6.6.3

valiquet
Contributor

Per Splunk official documentation, REST or SDK should be use when exporting large amount of data.
Perhaps, you could give it a shot with an email report if you don`t want to play with REST or SDK

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/6.6.3/Search/Exportsearchresults

0 Karma

pkeller
Contributor

A little more info ... the user is running a search that returns > 700,000 events ... and they're piping to 'reverse' ... If I remove 'reverse' from the mix, the export works. If I don't, then yes, the export writes around 10-12Mb and then redirects you to a page telling you that the search couldn't be found.

I've asked them to not use reverse for such a large dataset.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...