Security

What permissions can I give a role that will allow users to share searches and dashboards?

hartfoml
Motivator

I have a role that has access to apps and indexes and I want the searches created by these users to be able to be changed for sharing within the app and with other users in the app. What permission can I give a role (other than power user) that will let users share searches and dashboards?

1 Solution

satya2p
Path Finder
0 Karma

crodgers50
Engager

The base user role should be able to share their searches and dashboards out of the gate. You can adjust the capabilities of an existing (or create a new) role and give it to that user to get a more fine tuned access control by navigating to Settings -> Users and Authentication -> Access Controls. From there you can see the different roles and after clicking into one, you have the ability to see each of the capabilities.

0 Karma

satya2p
Path Finder

Power user

0 Karma

splunkreal
Motivator

Hello satya,

Power role has these capabilities :

embed_report
rtsearch
schedule_search

so I guess embed_report is enough to allow sharing dashboards?

Thanks.

* If this helps, please upvote or accept solution 🙂 *
0 Karma

hartfoml
Motivator

thank you @crodgers and @satya2p for you help with this problem. I did some experimenting before I posted this question and could see that Power user is the role that allows the ability to share dashboards and searches but I did not want to give a whole organization the power user function. I was hoping there was one attribute that I could add to my custom role for the Organization so that they all would have the right to share items if they so chose.

Thanks again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...