Security

What are the security risks of giving users write access to the search app?

vqd361
Path Finder

I have a user that wants to make some of their shared searches available to others. I've discovered that I have to give them write access to the search app to allow them to share those searches. What are the security implications of giving them write access to this app?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

lukejadamec
Super Champion

There are two main risks.

1) The person will change things in the search app other than their own creations without permission of the admins or owners.

2) The person will create popular but high resource intensive searches that will slow the system down.

View solution in original post

lukejadamec
Super Champion

There are two main risks.

1) The person will change things in the search app other than their own creations without permission of the admins or owners.

2) The person will create popular but high resource intensive searches that will slow the system down.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...