Security

User unable to login to Splunk

pratapa
Explorer

A user reported that she is unable to login to Splunk with her credentials. Whereas I could able to login to Splunk with my credentials.
What could be the problem.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

CAPS LOCK???

0 Karma

wincy_0503

If you have SSH access to splunk server where user is unable to login. You can create a user-seed.conf , however may require to delete $SPLUNK_HOME//etc/passwd file or there might be a case where passwd file is delete accidently. Then password to that particular user can be set using user-seed.conf, which inturn create the passwd file containing user and encrypted password. For more details on creating user-seed.conf, follow below link https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.2/Admin/User-seedconf.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

If you are using LDAP then Splunk will default to that as the login type and you cannot use local logins. If you need to use a local login, then you need to specify certain URI values like this:

.../en-US/account/login?loginType=splunk
0 Karma

dindu
Contributor

Hi,

Please check with your admin to check for whether the user is locked or not.
Go to Settings-->Users(Under Users and authentication)-->Search for the user.

It's better to reset the password

P.S- I hope you are using native login not LDAP or saml

0 Karma

pratapa
Explorer

User is using AD login.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...