Security

User Role - Saved Search Permissions

skippylou
Communicator

Just noticed this, but accounts that have the 'User' role do not have the 'permissions' link next to their own saved searches - just shows 'private', so I am unable to have regular users share their searches with others. This does not occur for accounts with 'Power' or 'Admin' roles.

This is version 4.1.4 and the only additional capability I have previously assigned to the 'User' role was 'schedule_search'. I can't seem to find any capability to add to get this to work. The only difference I see between 'Power' and 'User' is 'rtsearch', which even when I add this to the 'User' role does not enable the permissions setting for the accounts' saved searches.

Any thoughts out there?

Thanks,

scott

Tags (2)
1 Solution

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I believe the user/role needs to have "write" access to the app that the savedsearch is located in. Without that, any object they create can not be promoted. My guess is that the "power" role has write access to the containing app, and the "user" role only has read access.

View solution in original post

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I believe the user/role needs to have "write" access to the app that the savedsearch is located in. Without that, any object they create can not be promoted. My guess is that the "power" role has write access to the containing app, and the "user" role only has read access.

skippylou
Communicator

That was it! Many thanks as usual!

dfrankekcg
Explorer

For the saved search objects, changing the Display For ... permissions from Owner to App fixed the problem for me.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...