Security

Update to profile - How can I change my email address?

jeff7101
Engager

I know it's not possible to change a username, but how about the email address associated to a user account? The domain is no longer available, therefor no emails can be received for that address.

I assume the answer is "no" since I saw the field was not editable. Next, I assume that I will have to create a new account and abandon the current one, including all the history if any (so much for data integrity).

Presuming that I am correct, you may want to re-think the benefit of this rule because companies churn all the time - they come and they go. Does it make sense that those accounts do also?

Thanks,

Jeff

Labels (1)

duartet
Path Finder

I'm having the same issue!

Before it was possible to change the email, the field was editable. However it's not anymore.

I have my splunk account for 6 years already, changed company 2 times and I was able to change the email those 2 times because the companies were Splunk partners. Now having left, I need to revert to my personal account. I don't want to create a new account as I have a lot of things associated to my current account, like answers on Splunk Community. On the certifications part, I was already able to request a change to education team. Now I want to contact support to change it, but apparently there's no contact besides the phone.

This should really be re-think.

Thanks,

Tiago

Tags (3)

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...