Security

Unable to update email address in my Splunk Account profile

Nvijay92
Explorer

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to update a new email address in Splunk.com > Dashboard> My accounts > Update email address

But the email address is not getting updated its still showing the same old email address.

I had already tried updating the password as well just mentioned in the other blog.

Could someone help me on this ?

Thank you

priyankak10

Anyone found solution to this. There was a typo in my email address while registering and now I am not able to correct it. 

0 Karma

Nvijay92
Explorer

Could someone help me on this issue ?

0 Karma

srisahitya_v
Communicator

@Nvijay92  Hello, Did you solve the problem ? can you update here

0 Karma

Nvijay92
Explorer

Still the same. I managed to contact the Splunk Tech Support and they mentioned we cant update the email address.

They only want us to delete the user account and create a new user account with the new email address.

Since i had completed some certification and i asked them to transfer the certificates to the new account.

As of now they dont have a process which would help us migrating the certificate.

Moral of the story is we need to live with the existing account with old email address.

Thank you

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

One reason why cannot update your password is that you haven’t local account in splunk. Can you check your account type (e.g. LDAP vs local/splunk) from your settings.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

Nvijay92
Explorer

But, i'm having an issue with updating my email address on the Splunk.com website .

If i have an issue with my splunk application then it should be possible with your statement. 

Thank you

0 Karma

rakesh_498115
Motivator

Hi i am also facing issues updating my work email id in Splunk account - can anyone please help.

thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Nvijay92
Explorer

Hello Rakesh,

I'm still have the same issue and i'm having a mindset now to live with this issue on my Splunk profile

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...