Security

Splunk TLS using 3rd party CA- Cannot connect to 127.0.0.1:8000?

aatik5u
Path Finder

Hello There,

I have been trying to secure my Splunk web using TLS certificates. I followed this link: Configure Splunk Web to use TLS certificates - Splunk Documentation.

Things to know:

I sent a signing request to a CA.

My server certificate file contains only the server certificate and the CA certificate (in this order)

My web.conf is the following:

[settings]
enableSplunkWebSSL = true
privKeyPath = ..\mycerts\myServerPrivateKey.key
serverCert = ..\mycerts\splunk-web.pem
sslPassword =
startwebserver = true

As a result I can not connect to 127.0.0.1:8000 "This page isn't working right now" and when i restart splunk I get the message "web interface does not seem to be available", plus it takes like 50 min for Splunk to restart.

I suspect the fact that I am not including a CA or .csr file, but I am not sure since it's not indicated in the documentation, plus I tried adding the private key and the .csr file but still had the same error.

Can you help me to know what I am doing wrong please? any help would be appreciated 🙂

have a great day!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...