Security

Splunk Launcher UI changed after upgrade to from Splunk 6.1.3 to 6.3.2. Is there a way to change it to the old look?

shahneel
Path Finder

I have upgraded my environment from Splunk 6.1.3 to Splunk 6.3.2

My Splunk 6.1.3 launcher used to look like
alt text

and post upgrade to 6.3.2, launcher looks like
alt text

can someone please guide me how do i configure my launcher so that it again looks like the old one.

0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

From 6.2 look and feel of the UI changed and it's the new layout I don't think you can change it 🙂

Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

From 6.2 look and feel of the UI changed and it's the new layout I don't think you can change it 🙂

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

shahneel
Path Finder

are you sure ?? i dint come across any document mentioning the changes in Home Page. 😞

0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

See here : http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.0/ReleaseNotes/MeetSplunk#Home_page_redesign

*Home page redesign*

Splunk Enterprise 6.2 introduces a redesigned home page. The new design moves Apps into a scrollable list on the left side of the page and creates space for a user-specific dashboard in the center of the page. A collapsible panel at the top of the page provides helpful links for getting started with Splunk Enterprise.

For more information, see "Meet Splunk Web" in the Admin Manual. 
Happy Splunking!

shahneel
Path Finder

Thanks 🙂

0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You are welcome. If you are satisfied with the answer please 'accept' it so that the thread will be closed

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...