I just installed Splunk Enterprise 6.0 and all went swimmingly. However, my connection is refused when trying to go to it in my browser. What am I missing?
Checking prerequisites... Checking
http port : open Checking mgmt
port : open Checking
configuration... Done. Creating:
Checking critical directories... Done
Checking indexes... Validated:
_audit _blocksignature _internal _thefishbucket history main summary Done New certs have been generated in
filesystem compatibility... Done
Checking conf files for typos...
Done All preliminary checks passed.
Starting splunk server daemon
[ OK ] Starting splunkweb...
Generating certs for splunkweb server
Generating a 1024 bit RSA private key
writing new private key to
----- Signature ok subject=/CN=localhost.localdomain/O=SplunkUser
Getting CA Private Key writing RSA key
[ OK ] Done
If you get stuck, we're here to help.
Look for answers here:
The Splunk web interface is at
Check that you've got the protocol, host name, port correct in the browser. If wrong, correct and try again.
Check that you can establish a connection, e.g. telnet to the host and port. If not, talk to network administration to fix.
That being said, go grab 6.3 - it's significantly improved over 6.0.
I stopped the firewall and it worked fine - so something in my firewall settings is doing this.
I am trying to help a customer using our app and they aren't willing to upgrade to 6.3 yet for some reason - so I'm trying ti troubleshoot the older version with them. I'm just running 6.0 in a VM for these purposes.