Security

SAML Authentication: Stuck on Terms of Service Page

sheenay
Explorer

Hey All,

I'm setting up SAML authentication in our new Splunk Cloud environment and everything appears to be working with our on-prem home grown identity provider as I'm getting to our authentication source and logging in successfully. However after I do I get presented with the Splunk Cloud terms of service page and appear to get stuck in a loop when I press "Accept" and "Ok", it just takes me back to the same page.

Has anyone run into this with Splunk Cloud and if so how have you been able to fix it?

Thanks!

0 Karma

anonymous777
Engager

There is nothing worse than a SOLVED question with no public solution.

So here's the likely solution: When sending RelayState back to the sP (Splunk), it must be changed to the base64 form of something like return_to=/en-US/&username=USERNAME&accepted_tos=1 and sent along with the base64 encoded SAMLResponse from the idP.

mydog8it
Builder

Can you log in to Splunk Cloud using splunk auth? If so, take a look at the user account that should be created when the SAML user authenticates. Does the SAML account look correct?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

They broke all of their domains last week but it is supposed to be fixed now.

0 Karma

sheenay
Explorer

Thanks for the info, unfortunately looks like that wasn't my issue since I'm still hitting the TOC page.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You should open a support case.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...