Security

Reference to web.conf in login.html

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

Below is my web.conf

[settings]
serverName = lower_environment_3

I want to display the above serverName detail in login page. Tried this way and it doesn't work

hostName = cherrypy.request.app.config['global'].get('serverName', 'host_notset')

Any other way I could achieve this?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

No problem. What you're looking for is just

cherrypy.config.get('serverName')

It's a long story but the "app" in cherrypy.request.app.config has no relation to Splunk's "apps", nor is any splunk conf accessible that way.

So just put

${cherrypy.config.get('serverName')}

somewhere in your login.html and it'll display as "lower_environment_3"

View solution in original post

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

No problem. What you're looking for is just

cherrypy.config.get('serverName')

It's a long story but the "app" in cherrypy.request.app.config has no relation to Splunk's "apps", nor is any splunk conf accessible that way.

So just put

${cherrypy.config.get('serverName')}

somewhere in your login.html and it'll display as "lower_environment_3"

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

Perfect. Thanks so much!

0 Karma

santiagoaloi
Path Finder

it doesn't work for me, could you explain how you managed to get it to work?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...