We have a standalone install which has to follow specific guidance and documentation. Without getting much into things, I need to document each port open and if certain ones don't already have a vulnerability assessment on file I need to generate a local report on what the port is for and how its utilized in the system(s).
My clients have splunk installed but don't tap into a lot of its power currently. Therefore I expect a lot of the extra ports can be turned off (at least for now) and save me a lot of paperwork.
This brings me to port 8065 and 8191.
8065, a local listening port that is tied to the splunk appserver. Problem is I can't find what Splunk is using this for exactly outside "app server".
- If we don't utilize Splunk apps is this required? If we did what does this port provide and why would it be required?
- When are calls made to it?
- How would I turn it off in version 8 if I don't need it?
8191 is used for app kv store.
- If apps are not utilized, can this be turned off?
- If so how?
- If apps are not utilized this seems like it wouldn't be required.