Security

Password torture

Outer_Limits

Please can someone help?

I have installed splunk locally. I have created an account online, and I have many times successfully set my password to the account.
However, whenever I try to login to my port 8000 account, I am denied. I have updated my version of splunk, and still no solution. Please can someone help me?

Please guide me as best you can, as I am a new user, and would really like to get stuck in.... Thanks in advance!

Tags (2)
0 Karma

Outer_Limits

Thank you, all!
I think I managed to break it sufficiently. I've reinstalled, and am back on the reservation.

0 Karma

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The password that you use to log in to the community site or to download from Splunk.com is completely unrelated to your local Splunk instance. Well, I should say that it's unrelated to logging in to your Splunk instance. If you wish to use the Splunk Manager UI to add new apps from Splunkbase to your local install, then yes, you'll need that username and password.

Try the default credentials of 'admin' with password 'changeme'. After that, you'll be prompted to change the admin password, and from there you can use the Manager to create new users and roles.

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

and default user of admin

0 Karma

okrabbe_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You are trying to login to your local install of Splunk?

Unless you set have logged in successfully and changed your password in the past the default is "changeme".

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...