Security

Multiple LDAP servers

huaraz
Explorer

Hi

I have an environment with multiple ldap servers (Active Directory). Is it possible to configure two LDAP servers at the same time to allow users of either ldap server to login to splunk ?

I mean multiple ldap servers from different Active Directory Domains and not one Active Directory Domain with multiple ldap servers.

Thank you
Markus

Tags (2)
0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Not in version 4.2 or older. If you AD controllers are all in the same forest, however, you can use the Global Catalog LDAP port config to allow login for users in any of the domains in the forest.

gfriedmann
Communicator

Use LDAP port 3268 (Global catalog) or the SSL enabled equivalent. You may have to trim your user DN search path or add additional search paths to find the users.

0 Karma

kdenton
Path Finder

No. Here are some other methods I have used.

1. Use a DNS cname that points to more then one AD Global catalog server.
  2. If you have load balancing abilities setup a VIP that points to several AD global catalog servers.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...