Security

ltander

I created my Splunk instance and created a username/password. I am unable to log in to Splunk. HELP:(

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ltander
0 Karma

ltander

Honestly, i am unsure how i accessed. I know when i tried to use the icon on my desktop (>)this splunk icon. i did try the username admin and password changeme and it did not work. I know when i created the account the system made me enter my password twice, so i know i typed the same password correctly. Is there a way to change the password or uninstall and reinstall splunk. i am also doing the splunk fundamentals course and i am on lab 4. i need to get into splunk to try the lab.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ltander,

when you click on the Splunk icon, whick appication do you open?

it should be a browser and the address should be http://localhost:8000

I haven't a Mac but on Windows and Linux (MacOS is a linux!), so, after installation, you can access your Splunk instance using a browser and the above address.

when you have the login dashboard, please try using the admin user and the password you inserted.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

ltander

kind of. I installed the splunk enterprise instance and the screen came up with a terminal type window and i created a username and password. Some type of script executed and then splunk came up on  my desktop. it has a box for username and a box for password. I am hoping to learn splunk to escape to a better job:) when i type in my username and pasword i created it does not work. I am a Mac. I do not know what version splunk this is. i used the splunk enterprise instance on the splunk site. 

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ltander,

probably you installed the latest version (8.2.2.1) on you Mac.

How do you tried to access your Splunk instance? did you used a browser with the address:

http://localhost:8000

?

did you tried with admin/changeme?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ltander,

let me understand:

• you installed Splunk Enterprise,
  • you accesed the instance using the admin/changeme account,
  • you created a new user,
  • you tried to access using the new user an d you cannot,

is it correct?

at first what's the operative system you're using,

then what version of Splunk did you installed?

did you added a role to you new user? which one?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Thanks for the Memories! Splunk University, .conf24, and Community Connections

Thank you to everyone in the Splunk Community who joined us for .conf24 – starting with Splunk University and ...

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...