Security

Is there an SBOM released for splunk and splunk apps?

argo
Explorer

Is there an SBOM released for Splunk and ideally for all the apps and add ons in splunkbase? We are looking to create an SBOM where splunk is part of our solution and as a result need an SBOM for splunk itself. Any pointers are appreciated. 

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/learn/sbom-software-bill-of-materials.html

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jeffbennett_spl
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I don't know the name of the app yet, but searching splunkbase for SBOM will find it for you when it becomes available.

In regard to understanding what apps, add-ons, etc and their version numbers, you can run the search below. I recommend saving this search as a report and running it once a month. 

| rest splunk_server=local /services/apps/local | table title version | rename title as Title, version as Version

View solution in original post

jeffbennett_spl
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

There is an app being developed for this use case. It will provide SBOM info on Splunk and the software sources that go into Splunk. It should be available around mid or late September 2023 on Splunkbase. 

0 Karma

argo
Explorer

Oh that would be amazing. What would also be amazing is if it also can scan what apps you have loaded and report on those version numbers, etc. Do you know the name of the app yet to keep an eye out for it, or presumably searching for 'SBOM' will get me there when the time comes.

0 Karma

jeffbennett_spl
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I don't know the name of the app yet, but searching splunkbase for SBOM will find it for you when it becomes available.

In regard to understanding what apps, add-ons, etc and their version numbers, you can run the search below. I recommend saving this search as a report and running it once a month. 

| rest splunk_server=local /services/apps/local | table title version | rename title as Title, version as Version

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

While I can't give you a definite answer on Splunk itself (that's something I'd ask the support about), there is no possibility of such thing for "all apps and addons in splunkbase" since it's highly dynamic, and the apps are being created and updated on almost daily basis so no such static list could exist especially that the apps are created by people and teams from all over the world independently.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...