Security

I need help locating the Logbinder logs paths that are actively used. I was told I can find the list using Splunk's TA

GIA
Path Finder

I need help locating the Logbinger log paths that are actively used in some of our servers. I was told I can find the list using Splunk's TA but when I click on "LogBinder" under apps, it shows blank, no data. Is there any other way to locate these paths in Splunk?  Thank you in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this query to list all of the source files sent by a given host.

| tstats count where index=xxx host=servername by source
| fields - count
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this query to list all of the source files sent by a given host.

| tstats count where index=xxx host=servername by source
| fields - count
---

GIA
Path Finder

It worked. Thank you!!

GIA
Path Finder

Hi, thank you. I had it wrong actually, my apologies. What I need is to identify the log paths that are actively used on the logbinder servers.  How do I locate these paths using search and reporting this is my query so far:

index=xxx servername source="xlmwindevenlog:security"    

Thanks again!

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Installing or having an app is just one part of the process.  More important is onboarding data the app needs.  Has Splunk been integrated with Logbinder?  Is the data being stored where the Logbinder app expects to find it?

If the app is not working properly, but the data is present, then you should be able to locate what you want using the Search & Reporting app.  You will, however, need to know a little bit about the Logbinder environment, such as the name(s) of the server(s).

---
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...