Security

I need a query to get the new created use cases for the last 7 days

yazeed

I need a query to get the new created use cases in the last 7 days and another query to get the fine tuned use cases for the last 7 days.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

kiran_panchavat
Communicator

@yazeed 

Splunk's _configtracker can be used to monitor changes to alerts and saved searches in Splunk.

The _configtracker index:

With Splunk 9, the _configtracker index was introduced. This index stores changes to Splunk configuration files, including the date and time of the change, as well as all the new and old values associated with the modified item.

However, the data in _configtracker has a limitation: it only monitors changes to configuration files. Consequently, a crucial piece of information is missing from these logs: the user responsible for the change. While it does provide a record of the previous and updated settings, this information is not available in the same event. Therefore, to create a comprehensive alert, we need to perform data aggregation and enrichment.

For instance, after the described change to the Windows failed logons alert use case, the configtracker will contain two related events. Note the search looks in the _configtracker index, for a configuration update, where the changed item (data.changes{}.stanza) is specified, and particularly for a saved search being changed, independently of the app and Splunk installation directory ("*/savedsearches.conf").

Here is the SPL query:

index=_configtracker component=ConfigChange data.action=update data.changes{}.stanza=* data.path="*/savedsearches.conf"

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What exactly do you mean by "new created use cases" and "fine tuned use cases"?  What queries have you tried?  How did those queries not meet expectations?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

yazeed

Is there any possible queries to get the list of new created use case from ES and the fine tuned use cases and the non triggered use cases for the last 7 days.

I have searched over internet but unfortunately did not found as I have found only the list of enabled disabled and triggered use cases.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Repeating the OP does not answer my questions. 

Please use different words to explain what you are looking for.

Perhaps the _configtracker index has the information you seek.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...