Security

How to restrict timerange in tstats search within query?

DEAD_BEEF
Builder

I have a tstats search panel on a dashboard and I'm trying to limit the timeframe for this particular search (separate from the shared time token). I tried using various commands but just can't seem to get the syntax right. What is the correct syntax to specify time restrictions in a tstats search?

current search query is not limited to the 3 hours, it still runs to whatever the time picker selects.

| tstats hoursago=4 endhoursago=1 count where index=web by _time sourcetype span=15m prestats=t
| timechart span=15m count by sourcetype
0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
Legend

@DEAD_BEEF,

Try this

| tstats count where (index=_internal earliest=-4h  latest=-1h)  by _time sourcetype span=15m prestats=t
Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

renjith_nair
Legend

@DEAD_BEEF,

Try this

| tstats count where (index=_internal earliest=-4h  latest=-1h)  by _time sourcetype span=15m prestats=t
Happy Splunking!

DEAD_BEEF
Builder

works perfectly! I was so close, I tried earliest/latest in the timechart command, thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...