Security

How to exclude user name that start with the number "0" on a correlation search on ES?

ajromero
Path Finder

how to exclude user name that start with the number "0" on a correlation search on ES

This is the query:

| from inputlookup:access_tracker | stats min(firstTime) as firstTime,max(lastTime) as lastTime by user | where ((now()-'lastTime')/86400)>90

and I want to remove all user that start with "0"

ajromero_0-1645731852832.png

Thank you

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

tofa
Explorer

Hi Araceli,

Possibly a regex exclusion:

| from inputlookup:access_tracker | stats min(firstTime) as firstTime,max(lastTime) as lastTime by user | where ((now()-'lastTime')/86400)>90
| regex user!="^0|^[0-9a-zA-Z\-]+$|<YOURPATTERNHERE>"

Or just the opposite: if you, for example, got user with firstname.lastname format in your company:

| regex user="^[A-Za-z]+\.[A-Za-z]+"​

View solution in original post

0 Karma

tshah-splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @ajromero,

You can append  | search user != 0* to the query and exclude users starting with 0. You search query should look something like below:

| search user != 0*
---
If you find the answer helpful, an upvote/karma is appreciated
0 Karma

ajromero
Path Finder

Hi tshah-splunk

I tried that and it worked, but just realized that there more users with different names like these

ajromero_0-1645806579367.png

How can I exclude that kind of users?

Thank you,

Araceli

0 Karma

tofa
Explorer

Hi Araceli,

Possibly a regex exclusion:

| regex user!="^0|^[0-9a-zA-Z\-]+$|<YOURPATTERNHERE>"

Or just the opposite: if you, for example, got user with firstname.lastname format in your company:

| regex user="^[A-Za-z]+\.[A-Za-z]+"​

0 Karma

ajromero
Path Finder

Hi,

that actually worked pretty good for me. 

thank you

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...