Security

How to analyze Splunk License Consumption ?

AL3Z
Builder

Hi,
How can I determine the index responsible for the majority of Splunk license consumption when analyzing security data in ES ?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The Monitoring Console can tell you that.  It's under Indexing->License Usage->Historic License Usage.  Select "Index" from the "Split by" dropdown.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

MC is the best option to start that analysing, but as is has limited to some amount of indexes etc. and you probably want to see more you can use it easily as a starting point! Just select e.g what @richgalloway said and then click that small magnifying glass on bottom of panel and it will open you a search window where you could modify that search as you need. You could e.g. show more individual indexes or extend historic time etc. with your "own" search.

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...