Security

How do you build a search that gets a list of forwarders using SSL with successful connections?

guheal

Can you help me make a search/query so I can get a list of forwarders using SSL with successful connections?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

zrxcrasher
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I am working on the following which gives a more complete picture. Downloading to XLS and then turning on filtering allows you to easily see OS type, ForwarderType, Version, lastIndexer communicated with, etc.

index=_internal source=*metrics.log component=Metrics group=tcpin_connections
| dedup hostname
| table hostname, sourceIp, os, arch, fwdType, version, ssl, guid, lastIndexer, _time
| sort hostname

0 Karma

mstjohn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @guheal,

Did the answer below solve your problem? If so, please resolve this post by approving it! If your problem is still not solved, keep us updated so that someone else can help ya. Thanks for posting!

0 Karma

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

This works fine on my Splunk 7.0.3
index=_internal source=*metrics.log group=tcpin_connections ssl=true

To have the forwarder and the connect time as a table -
index=_internal source=*metrics.log group=tcpin_connections ssl=true | table sourceHost _time

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...