Security

How come Splunk web is timing out when I click on the "Settings > Licensing" page?

sylim_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is only happening on the license master. Everything working fine on the splunk web - it works well and response quick for any links on the Splunk GUI but whenever clicking on "Settings > Licensing" it always times out and the browser looks like below;
alt text

Please help.

0 Karma
1 Solution

sylim_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you see the same symptoms then try the rest call, "|REST /services/licenser/messages".
If it returns 1000s of license violation messages you may need to request a license violation reset key.
It works perfectly fine after the reset key applied for the case.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ehollima
Path Finder

In the results of the REST, "create_time" is the time the violation occurred?

0 Karma

sylim_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you see the same symptoms then try the rest call, "|REST /services/licenser/messages".
If it returns 1000s of license violation messages you may need to request a license violation reset key.
It works perfectly fine after the reset key applied for the case.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...