Security

Guest User account Suspicious

mailmetoramu
Explorer

Hello All,

Noticed some wiered issue in my Splunk environment, actually the issue is one of the user "Adam" have logged into a server, but the logs says source user "Adam" logged in as "Guest" as an user.

NOTE : "Source User" ------> Adam and "User" -----> Guest both are different terms.

Had an 1-1 discussion with the user " Adam " and he confirmed that he logged in with his user ID " Adam " only but not as Guest.

Also checked in the server and confirmed that there was no such kind of "Guest" user account created on the server.

Need to know the cause.

Thanks,

Ramu.R

Tags (1)
0 Karma

shanisee

Hi Ramu,

I believe I have a similar issue, can you shed some light on the OS bug issue you discovered?

Regards,
Simon

0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

This sounds like its not really a Splunk question - more a question about the meaning of your log data, however, I am sure if you can share the logs, we will help if we can.

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
0 Karma

mailmetoramu
Explorer

Hi Nickhill,

Yeah you are right, this is not exactly something around Splunk, but found the issue as some OS related bug issue and got fixed.

Thanks again coming forward.

Regards,

Ramu.R

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...