Security

Google Workspace

cbarrios

Hello Every Body.

I'm starting this question be couse i'm traying to genrate detections for goole workspace invader as that post about 365.

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/security/hunting-m365-invaders-blue-team-s-guide-to-initial-access...

But i can not find google work space  login logs in actual ingest. We installed  the ad-don and newest apps abalaible in the splunkbase and could not find it.

surfin into the splunk web we could't fund an euivalent searchs as the link attached. 

Some bady had the same problem?  how can I solved it? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

datadevops
Path Finder

Hi there,

The key is finding those Workspace login logs. While the add-on and apps might be installed, there could be a filtering or indexing issue.

Here's a quick rundown:

1. Check the filter: Did you configure any filters that might exclude login events? Double-check your inputs.conf settings specifically.

2. Look for indexing errors: Splunk logs might reveal indexing errors related to Workspace data. Check splunkd.log and python.log for clues.

3. Search smarter: The provided search might not translate perfectly to Workspace. Try broader terms like "google login" or "workspace access" and adjust from there.

If you're still stuck, I recommend searching Splunkbase forums or reaching out to Splunk or Google Workspace support directly. They've seen it all and can offer specific guidance.

Remember, hunting invaders is like being a detective – persistence and resourcefulness are key!

~ If the reply helps, a Karma upvote would be appreciated

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...