Security

Download issues

a212830
Champion

Hi,

I need to download a large search from Splunk - 800k+ events. The download starts, but then I get a "webpage not available" after about 15 seconds. Splunk web appears to be up, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Maybe memory issue on the browser, or download size. Any recommendations on how to work around this?

Tags (2)

jpvlsmv
Path Finder

Most likely, the search is taking longer than the browser's timeout for an unresponsive website. You could try a different browser (or find the hidden config setting for your browser that changes the timeout).

How long does it take the search to run interactively?

If the search for the 800k+ events takes too long, you can run the search manually, then when the results are in, you can hit "Share" and copy down the link it generates. This will save the current resultset (i.e. it will not change when new data arrives) and make it more or less instant to pull up. Open that link in another tab, and you can export the results instantly.

--Joe

0 Karma

a212830
Champion

It's not the search - that works and finishes. When I click export and download, then it crashes.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...