Security

Cannot Access Splunk UI. Getting XML error for "Error connecting: Connection refused"

att35
Builder

Hi,

Since last 2 days, we have started getting the following error when accessing any of our Splunk URL's.

alt text

This is effecting all our instances be it Search Head or Indexer. Nothing can be accessed. We do have a P1 case open with support and they are going through the logs, but I just wanted to put this out there in case anyone else has run into this before.

All our servers are high-spec Physical machines and resource usage is nominal. ulimit is set to a high number and lsof shows the # of open files are not even close to that limit. There were no recent changes/upgrades done to Splunk.
Splunk Version - 6.6.2
Host OS - CentOS 6.9

This is happening for all users irrespective of which browser they use. Cleared browser cache but that didn't help.
no specific errors under splunkd_ui_access.log. For each refresh, this is what we see:

X.X.X.X - - [03/Aug/2017:09:43:43.834 -0400] "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1" 303 397 "https://Splunk_Hostname.x.y.local:8000/en-US/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/59.0.3071.109 Safari/537.36" - - 0ms

X.X.X.X - - [03/Aug/2017:09:43:43.836 -0400] "GET /en-US/favicon.ico HTTP/1.1" 502 154 "https://Splunk_Hostname.x.y.local:8000/en-US/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/59.0.3071.109 Safari/537.36" - - 0ms

Is there anything else that I can check to isolate where the issue is?

Many Thanks,

~ Abhi

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

esircti
Explorer

Hi,

Try

Inside $SPLUNK_HOME/bin

./splunk restartss

View solution in original post

0 Karma

murdoctx

I found that in windows you go into windows services and restart splunkd.

0 Karma

esircti
Explorer

Hi,

I try first to downgrade 6.6.2 to 6.2.1. It still not working.
So, I downgraded to 6.5.5 and the interface cameback.

I did it at my risk. I did not wait for the Support.

Now I'll wait for the answer to try the new version.

0 Karma

esircti
Explorer

Hi,

Try

Inside $SPLUNK_HOME/bin

./splunk restartss

0 Karma

att35
Builder

Hi esircti,

Yes. That's the solution we got as well from Support and did resolve our issue. I hope this helps others on this forum.

Thanks,

~ Abhi

0 Karma

esircti
Explorer

Did not work for me too.

I'm waiting for other solution.

0 Karma

esircti
Explorer

Hi,

I'm with the same problem.
Host Ubuntu 14.04.

I Open a case at support portal and I'm waitin for response.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...