Security

Azure AD SAML not working : Why is verification of SAML assertion using the IDP's certificate provided failing?

ayush1906
Path Finder

Hi All,

have generated Azure AD SAML XML and certificate using Splunk Blog:

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/tips-and-tricks/configuring-microsoft-s-azure-security-assertion-m... 

After loading up XML in a totally new instance, it gives the below error:

Verification of SAML assertion using the IDP's certificate provided failed. Error: failed to verify signature with certVerification of SAML assertion using the IDP's certificate provided failed. Error: failed to verify signature with cert

In Azure portal can see the certificate is active:

Capture.JPG

not sure where to look further..... any leads here......

@tkomatsubara_sp @richgalloway @tshah-splunk 

Labels (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ayush1906
Path Finder

our team had created a portal, which interacted with Azure Portal, looks like some payload mismatch was causing certificate issue.

On configuring directly in Azure Portal, it worked as expected. 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Karma

pravinpawar
Observer

Hi All,

I'm currently facing the same issue. Any idea what was wrong with payload?

When I upload DEV Azure AD tenant metadata SSO is working as expected.

But it's not working for STAGE and PROD tenant and showing below error:

Verification of SAML assertion using the IDP's certificate provided failed. Error: failed to verify signature with cert

0 Karma

ayush1906
Path Finder

our team had created a portal, which interacted with Azure Portal, looks like some payload mismatch was causing certificate issue.

On configuring directly in Azure Portal, it worked as expected. 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...