Reporting

pivot command filtering and splitting on index

mikaelbje
Motivator

I am trying to do the following:

| pivot Cisco_IOS_Event Cisco_IOS_Event count(Cisco_IOS_Event) AS "Events" dc(host) AS "Unique Devices" dc(index) AS "Unique Indexes" FILTER product in (IOS) FILTER index in (index1,index2)

However this fails as the "index" field is not part of the Cisco_IOS_Event data model.

If I use tstats (which doesn't support real-time searching) it works:

| tstats values(nodename) AS nodename count FROM datamodel=Cisco_IOS_Event WHERE Cisco_IOS_Event.product IN (IOS) index IN (index1,index2) BY host index

I believe if I add "index" as a field to my data model I will be able to filter, but I'm wondering if this is intentional, as tstats supports this without "index" as part of the data model. _time, source, sourcetype and host are inherited fields in all data models, so I'm having a hard time understanding why index isn't.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...