Reporting

determine from which remote file data was indexed

bob87
Explorer

Hi

I am going to use splunk to index remote files using a universal forwarder. Is there a way to be able to tell from which data was indexed from which remote file? I have tried to index some files but did not get this information. In general i would like to index all files that are put in a directory, and not add files to monitor one by one

Any help is much appreciated

Tags (1)
0 Karma

dart
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

By default the source field should be the filename, what source does your data have?

bob87
Explorer

ok found what it was, i had set the input as TCP from Data inputs instead of configuring a receiver in Forwarding and receiving. Once I put the configuration in Forwarding and receiving I started getting the file name as the source

0 Karma

bob87
Explorer

the source field is tcp:

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...