Reporting

compare no. of events with a specific value, to the no. events with other values

andyk
Path Finder

I have events that looks something like this:

merchant_id=5755757 status_id=22 amount=300

Now I want to compare the number of events from one specific merchant to the number of events from all the other merchants in a stacked bar diagram split by "specific merchant" / "other merchants". How can I do this?

The diagram should show the last 30 days, with one bar per day.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Ayn
Legend

You could achieve this using eval to split up merchants across either your specific merchant or other merchants.

<yourbasesearch>
 | eval merchant_type=if(merchant_id==5755757,"Current merchant","Other merchants")
 | timechart span=1d count by merchant_type

View solution in original post

Ayn
Legend

You could achieve this using eval to split up merchants across either your specific merchant or other merchants.

<yourbasesearch>
 | eval merchant_type=if(merchant_id==5755757,"Current merchant","Other merchants")
 | timechart span=1d count by merchant_type

andyk
Path Finder

Works perfect, thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...