Reporting

can we send image (not attachment, but showing image) in body of email using Splunk sendemail command from search ?

pgadhari
Builder

We have a requirement of sending an image and showing it in the body of the email for the users, is there a way of doing that ? We dont need to send it as an attachment. Can we do that using sendemail command of Splunk ? Please advise ?

0 Karma

vik_splunk
Communicator

Hi @pgadhari

I presume from the way you describe it that it needs to be a dynamic image as opposed to a static filler. Your best bet is use of custom sendemail or a scripted alert action (Upon detection of defined pattern, the script is triggered which then does the e-mail composition for you.

Here are some links that will help (though old are still relevant in parts)

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/104670/how-to-customize-the-email-template-that-splunk-sends-in-t...
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.3.1/Alert/ConfiguringScriptedAlerts

0 Karma

pgadhari
Builder

I have a one static image that needs to be send to the user, no dynamic images. Is it possible that I keep the image in some location and using sendemail + html combination to load the image in the body and send it ? Please advise ?

0 Karma

niyaz006
Path Finder

Hi @pgadhari , Were you able to accomplish this? I am looking for a similar solution. Can you share the same.

0 Karma

pgadhari
Builder

@niyaz006  - no I did not get resolution on attaching image. Instead, I used plain text message and did not attach the image. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...