Reporting

Working with loadjob

daktapaal
Path Finder

Hi, I am hoping you can help me here.
I am running a search out of a saved search using the load job.. I did something like :
|loadjob savedsearch="abc:search:my search"

This produces a table of field cols that look like host1#maxpings , host2#maxpings etc.. Where max pings s the maximum pings that the host can have. Under these columns are the daily pingNumbers for these hosts.
something like :
…...

-………… host1#23…………. host2#56.1

• day1 ………...3………………………..4
  • day2 ………..10……………………..11
  • day3 ………..20……………………….50

I need to find out if the average pings for 3 days is more than the numbering the column name. for example : in the above, I need to find for column1, (3+10+20)/3 < 23 and for column2 (4+11+50)/3 < 56.1 … I should then show only those columns, where the avg number is less than the number in the column…
i want to pseudocode something like |loadjob savedsearch="abc:search:my search" | stats avg(*) as average(*) | where average < substring-after( col-name,'#') . So that this will show only those columns where the average is less than the number in the column.
I am losing hopes on the help from google and splunk docs. Help with this will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
dT

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I've recreated your table like this:

| gentimes start=-1 increment=2h | eval day=1 | accum day | eval day="day".day | eval host0#10=random()%50 | eval host1#20=random()%50 | eval host2#30=random()%50 | eval host3#40=random()%50 | eval host4#50=random()%50 | fields day host*

Based on that, this may be the postprocessing you're looking for:

... | stats avg(*) as * | transpose | rename "row 1" as average column as host | eval limit=replace(host, "^.*?#", "") | where average < limit

Compute averages, transpose and rename results, select part after "#", compare with average.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I've recreated your table like this:

| gentimes start=-1 increment=2h | eval day=1 | accum day | eval day="day".day | eval host0#10=random()%50 | eval host1#20=random()%50 | eval host2#30=random()%50 | eval host3#40=random()%50 | eval host4#50=random()%50 | fields day host*

Based on that, this may be the postprocessing you're looking for:

... | stats avg(*) as * | transpose | rename "row 1" as average column as host | eval limit=replace(host, "^.*?#", "") | where average < limit

Compute averages, transpose and rename results, select part after "#", compare with average.

0 Karma

Rmddas

cool. thanks.I figured this out last night 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...