Reporting

Why is the saved search not pulling data even though Splunk has the data?

angelinealex
Communicator

Hi,

We have provided the savedsearch.conf file to our testing team which has many saved searches.
I am calling those saved searches through my java application which uses splunk SDK.

One of the saved search is not pulling the data even though splunk has data. I can see the data when I run the saved search in splunk UI, but the same is not working through java application.

To troubleshoot, I created another saved search with the same exact content (just copy and pasted in splunk UI and saved it). Somehow this saved search is fetching data through java application. I really have no idea why this is happening.

Can someone please help. It's very urgent.

Thanks in advance.

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Hi,

Please check permission of that saved search which is not working, it looks like user in java application does not have access to that saved search or indexes which contain data.

0 Karma

angelinealex
Communicator

Sorry for the late response.

There was some timezone issue. We found and fixed it.

Thanks for your reply.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...