Reporting

Why does running an accelerated saved search work for a large time period ("All Time") but not with smaller ones ("10h")?

TiagoTLD1
Communicator

Hello,

Here is what I am facing: I have an accelerated saved search, with All Time summary range, and Timespans 10min, 1d, 1h, 1mon

When calling it to All Time, it runs immediately. When calling it for 2 days period, it still does.

When calling it with a 10h period, it takes a lot longer, although job inspections shows it actually accesses the summaries...

Could someone explain that ?

0 Karma

TiagoTLD1
Communicator

Hello,

Well I don't understand why would Splunk use the 10minute summaries if I have a Timespan of 1h. Splunk should use ten 1hour summaries to return the search results, and not use the 10minute summaries...

Do you have an answer for that?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...