Reporting

Why does older iframe code sometimes not work after any change to a Splunk report?

samarkumar
Path Finder

Hi

I created a Splunk report and then embed it to get the iframe code which we use at the portal.
If we need to change any thing in the report, I need to disable the embed and then do the change and enable it again, but it generates the new iframe code.

I noticed earlier that if you use the old iframe code on the portal, it works, but now for few reports, the old iframe is not working. However, for a few reports, it is working so, the behavior of the old iframe code for any report seems unstable.

Please suggest if we need to use the old iframe for any report, what is the best possible approach to follow?

Regards..!!

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Always use the new iframe code. The old frames will only work for a period of time. I'm not sure of the mechanics behind it but it probably has something to do with caching and / or generation IDs, etc. Just use the new code to be safe.

0 Karma

samarkumar
Path Finder

I started using the updated iframe code but one thing i notice that some time updated iframe is working and some time it display the blank page. I clear the cache and temporary page to make sure that it is not interfering with that but still i am facing the same issue, any suggestion in this regard will be helpful.

Thanks !!

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

How about ctrl + F5 in your browser to REALLY clear the cache? This works better than clearing temp downloads etc, even circumvents edge caching.

0 Karma

samarkumar
Path Finder

I tried that but still i am facing inconsistencies where some time embedded iframe code work and some time it is showing a blank page.
It is giving us a hard time where we embedded the url at our customer portal to display the reports but due to inconsistencies always raised so many questions to explain but unfortunately i don't have any concrete answer for this.

Any further suggestion and help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !!

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'd raise a support request or check for help in the irc channel if it's customer affecting.

0 Karma

samarkumar
Path Finder

Thanks ...!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...