Reporting

Why am I only getting incremental data in my scheduled report?

mbroshi
Engager

I have a scheduled report my-scheduled-report that runs once every morning, and is supposed to get data for the last 7 days. I then have a dashboard that includes my-scheduled-report as a base search via

<search ref="my-scheduled-report" id="base_search"></search>

I then use that in all the panels in my dashboard via panels like:

<panel>
  <title>Unique Users Per Day</title>
  <chart>
    <search base="base_search">
      <query>timechart span=1d dc(userId)</query>
    </search>
    <options ... >
  </chart>
</panel>

My problem is that I only see the previous day's data in my dashboard, not the full week's. It's as if I only get incremental data from the previous scheduled report.

0 Karma
1 Solution

mbroshi
Engager

I think I solved my issue, which had nothing to do with scheduled reports or base searches. My scheduled report has joins and it appears they are getting truncated to 50,000 records. Would be helpful to have an error message somewhere!

View solution in original post

mbroshi
Engager

I think I solved my issue, which had nothing to do with scheduled reports or base searches. My scheduled report has joins and it appears they are getting truncated to 50,000 records. Would be helpful to have an error message somewhere!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...