Reporting

Why am I getting PDF generation error "Can't attach PDF - either ssLink or sessionKey unavailable"?

arber
Communicator

Hello,

when trying to schedule a pdf for a Search inside WSOC app we get a pdf error like:
An error occurred while generating the PDF. Please see python.log for details.

What we do is that we open the search inside WSOC and go to Actions button and select Schedule a PDF Delivery, when we test the mail we receive it with the above error. when we check python.log the result is as follows:
An error occurred while generating a PDF: Can't attach PDF - either ssLink or sessionKey unavailable

Any idea what can be done? If I copy the search and run it and from there save it as a report everything works fine. But it would generate an error for any of the searches if we try to do it from the action button

Thanks a lot

Tags (4)
1 Solution

arber
Communicator

The problem is that WSOC app uses Advance XML Dashboards and Splunk does not support the pdf generation for this kind of dashboards

View solution in original post

arber
Communicator

The problem is that WSOC app uses Advance XML Dashboards and Splunk does not support the pdf generation for this kind of dashboards

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...