Reporting

Unable to use sendemail

balajsoz
Path Finder

Hi all,

I need to trigger a email whenever am opening a internet explorer.So i have tried with sendemail but failed to achieve that and details below on erros;

reg host="D-24964" Microsoft "expl.exe" | sendemail to="balaji.s@nln.com" server=chp-outlook.nln.com="" use_ssl=true username="balaji.s@nln.com="" user="" name=""" password="balaji.s@nln.com="" password=""" sendresults=true

when am running above sendemail query, am getting the error "command="sendemail", [Errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed while sending mail to: balaji.s@nln.com

also if am trying run another simple query like below ;
reg host="D-24964" Microsoft "expl.exe" | sendemail to="balaji.s@nln.com" server=chp-outlook.nln.com sendresults=true

Then geting the below error;
command="sendemail", [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond while sending mail to: balaji.s@nln.com

Also i have tried with enable or disble of ssl/tsl in IE settings.Still its not working.

Please help.

Balaji

Tags (1)

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi balajsoz,

The first error is because the sendemail.py script cannot getaddinfo for server=chp-outlook.nln.com="", see this for more info.

The second error is because your mail server chp-outlook.nln.com probably does not accept your request to send an email, see this for more info.

Both errors are not Splunk errors 😉

cheers, MuS

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is the reply the gmail server gave you, so read the message and you will find Must issue a STARTTLS command first. Have you tried it with the start_ssl option?

0 Karma

balajsoz
Path Finder

I have tried below search query to send mail to my gmail id, after came out of firewall boundry;

<>>

and am getting the error-->. "command="sendemail", (530, '5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. u1sm53537353ige.1 - gsmtp', 'splunk@D-24964') while sending mail to: balain@gmail.com "

Please suggest to fix this.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...