Reporting

Treat two values as the same

user93
Communicator

Hi,

I have a scenario that is rare for me and I need help.

I have had an object receive a change to its ID value, so now it has two IDs that mean the same object. Before, I made a report just including both IDs, but now I need to deliver a report that includes other related objects with their IDs.

I want to combine the IDs so they appear as a single combined column in the table delivered with the report.

productID=abc or
productID=def or
productID=ghi OR
productID=jkl OR
productID=mno
|chart dc(person) over company by productionID

Table:

company abc , def , ghi , jkl , mno

comp1 1 3 0 5 1
comp2 2 4 0 0 0
comp3 0 0 0 0 1
comp4 4 0 0 0 1

I want the output of my table to combine productID, ghi and jkl, so that they only have one productId and it still counts the others individually.

This is the only case I do this, so I don't need a complicated lookup, I just need it to work for this one table this one time.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jpolvino
Builder

So if you want to combine productID ghi and jkl together as one, and treat the others individually, try this:

(your search)
| eval prodType=if(productID=="ghi" OR productID=="jkl","combined",productID)
| chart dc(person) AS dcPersonCount over company by prodType
| xyseries company,prodType,dcPersonCount

View solution in original post

jpolvino
Builder

So if you want to combine productID ghi and jkl together as one, and treat the others individually, try this:

(your search)
| eval prodType=if(productID=="ghi" OR productID=="jkl","combined",productID)
| chart dc(person) AS dcPersonCount over company by prodType
| xyseries company,prodType,dcPersonCount
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...