Reporting

Table wont show on search

jacksonchandler
Engager

Hi,

Im trying to collate URL domain names of users who visit websites over the course of 24 hours. It pulls the right data but it wont table and im not sure how to fix it.  Im using URL Toolbox to parse the domain out. 

index="##" eventtype=pan $user$ hoursago=24
| eval list="mozilla"
| `ut_parse_extended(url,list)`
| stats count by ut_domain_without_tld
| table ut_domain_without_tld count

Im fairly new to splunk so any help is appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jacksonchandler ,

let me understand:

if you run the search without the last row (the table command) does ir run and does you have results?

if yes, remove the last row, also because you don't need it.

if not, run the search without the last two rows and check if the field ut_domain_without_tld is present.

Could you share the content of the macro?

if you use <CTRL><SHIFT>E on the search with the macro, you can have the full search (without macro) displayed in a window.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jacksonchandler
Engager

Thanks Guiseppe. I solved it myself with your advice - data was there but wasnt showing as a table because my dashboard wasnt configured to do that - was to be shown as a list. Changed that and worked!

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jacksonchandler ,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jacksonchandler ,

let me understand:

if you run the search without the last row (the table command) does ir run and does you have results?

if yes, remove the last row, also because you don't need it.

if not, run the search without the last two rows and check if the field ut_domain_without_tld is present.

Could you share the content of the macro?

if you use <CTRL><SHIFT>E on the search with the macro, you can have the full search (without macro) displayed in a window.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Celebrate CX Day with Splunk: Take our interactive quiz, join our LinkedIn Live ...

Today and every day, Splunk celebrates the importance of customer experience throughout our product, ...

How to Get Started with Splunk Data Management Pipeline Builders (Edge Processor & ...

If you want to gain full control over your growing data volumes, check out Splunk’s Data Management pipeline ...

Out of the Box to Up And Running - Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud ...

Tech Talk Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud Environment Register    Out of the Box to Up And Running ...