Have anyone splunked data from a particular email address of "Micorosft Office 365" ?
I've tested the IMAP splunkbase app on gmail address and it works perfectly, but NOT on a microsoft office 365 in my company.
Any step by step process on how to do would be helpful (i.e create a dummy email ID in the company with specific userid/password?)
Also is it better to do IMAP or use the office365 api's?
Thanks in advance
I have written a program in PHP (because it has a nice set of functions for getting at emails through imap). I run that script on a computer and send that output into Splunk. It can get the entire email even if it is MIME encoded with HTML, etc. The IMAP app isn't ver good at it, and can only be used for one Inbox for one user. I tried to get it to install more than once, and get that data into Splunk, but it isn't designed to be able to do that.
I can supply you with that PHP program if you like. It can access the Inbox of the user from Office 365 as long as you have the password. The script uses the password in clear text, so it isn't exactly secure if the server it runs on isn't secure.