Reporting

Splunk Email createSSLContextSettings error

harvisingh9
Explorer

I am trying to test Splunk Email with configuration integrated with AWS SES however keeps getting createSSLContextFromSettings error. Can anyone has a workaround or suggestions?

Query: | savedsearch "Logs" | stats count | sendemail to=test@user.com

ERROR: command="sendemail", createSSLContextFromSettings() got an unexpected keyword argument 'confJSON' while sending mail to: test@user.com

davpx
Communicator

The owner of the search needs to have list_storage_passwords capability.

0 Karma

jimmoriarty
Path Finder

I received this error post upgrading from 6.5.2 to 6.3.3.

For me, it occurred on a Search Head Cluster - which included deployment of the original search app (e.g. /opt/splunk/etc/shcluster/apps/search) from the deployer - obviously the the upgrade didn't upgrade this instance of the search app, and a later deployment then overwrote the 6.3.3 search app on the cluster with a 6.5.2 one which then started spitting out the createSSLContextFromSettings error.

Initial Resolution: updated /opt/splunk/etc/shcluster/apps/search from (a post 6.3.3 upgrade of) /opt/splunk/etc/apps/search and redeployed.

Long term resolution: migrate all deployed 'local' Knowledge Objects to a new app and strongly discourage users from creating new objects in the search app on the SHC.

0 Karma

torbendiehr
Engager

Did you find a solution for this problem? I got exactly the same error, after upgrading to Splunk 7.

0 Karma

davietch
Path Finder

Any update?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...