Reporting

Skipped Jobs - Accelerated Data Models

bill_king
Path Finder

Not sure where & how to address the below skipped job.  I would appreciate any guidance

Report Name Skip Reason (Skip Count) Alert Actions

_ACCELERATE_DM_SA-IdentityManagement_Identity_Management.Expired_Identity_Activity_ACCELERATE_The maximum number of concurrent historical scheduled searches on this instance has been reached (1)none
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @bill_king,

This error does not mean there is a problem on this report. You get this error, because your search head compute resources (CPU core count) is not enough for running concurrent search jobs.

- You can check your scheduled saved searches, alert, correlation search schedule times? Generally most of the scheduled jobs run every beginning hour. Because 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 30 min, 60min schedules triggers at 00 minute every hour. You can try to change schedule times/periods.

- It is best to use Schedule window "auto" on schedule settings. 

- If you CPU usage is not high you can tweak below settings on Search Head;

Server settings » Search preferences
Relative concurrency limit for scheduled searches --> 75
Relative concurrency limit for summarization searches --> 100

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.

View solution in original post

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @bill_king,

This error does not mean there is a problem on this report. You get this error, because your search head compute resources (CPU core count) is not enough for running concurrent search jobs.

- You can check your scheduled saved searches, alert, correlation search schedule times? Generally most of the scheduled jobs run every beginning hour. Because 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 30 min, 60min schedules triggers at 00 minute every hour. You can try to change schedule times/periods.

- It is best to use Schedule window "auto" on schedule settings. 

- If you CPU usage is not high you can tweak below settings on Search Head;

Server settings » Search preferences
Relative concurrency limit for scheduled searches --> 75
Relative concurrency limit for summarization searches --> 100

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The job name is in the format ACCELERATE_DM_<app name>_<datamodel name>_ACCELERATE.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

bill_king
Path Finder

your response does not make sense to me on where & how to fix the issue.  

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...