Reporting

Search a Splunk Enterpirse Security DataModel - problem with Wildcards

jacqu3sy
Path Finder

Im trying to limit my search down to just certain accounts from the the authentication Data Model but wildcards dont seem to limit the results as I'd normally expect when search a specific index instead of the DM.

I've tried a few options which I'd have hoped would work, but it just returns ALL account names;

| datamodel Authentication Authentication search | search Account_Name="abc*"

| datamodel Authentication Authentication search | search Account_Name="abc"

| datamodel Authentication Authentication search | search Account_Name=abc*

| datamodel Authentication Authentication search | where like(Account_Name,"abc%")

Is there a particular way you should use a wildcard within a DM search?

Thanks.

1 Solution

jacqu3sy
Path Finder

Worked it out. User error. The original soloution worked fine. But when throwing a 'stats values(Account_Name)' on the end it through up other results.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jacqu3sy
Path Finder

Worked it out. User error. The original soloution worked fine. But when throwing a 'stats values(Account_Name)' on the end it through up other results.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...