Reporting

Saved searches not working via xml in view/dashboard

aportela

Have xml code used to generate view / dashboard, am trying to directly call "saved search" to produce output. Have tried to use the searchName and searchString tags, but neither of these work. However, xml code works when i use the actual search command string with the "param name=search" tag.

Are these tags not allowed in HTML panels? If not allowed, is there a command(s) that will permit directly calling "saved searches"? Or, do i need to re-write the view as another type of panel that is not HTML (e.g., table, etc.)?

Any and all help would be much appreciated.
Thanks... Al

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You've asked if the searchName and searchString tags are valid in HTML panels. So I'm guessing you're doing something like this:

<dashboard>
<row>
<html>
<searchName>
</searchName>
</html>
</row>
</dashboard>

You can use searchName as a child of a <table>, <chart>,<event>, <single> or <list>.

See here for more info. I've written dashboards in Simple XML with both searchName referencing a named saved search, as well as searchString with the whole string.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You've asked if the searchName and searchString tags are valid in HTML panels. So I'm guessing you're doing something like this:

<dashboard>
<row>
<html>
<searchName>
</searchName>
</html>
</row>
</dashboard>

You can use searchName as a child of a <table>, <chart>,<event>, <single> or <list>.

See here for more info. I've written dashboards in Simple XML with both searchName referencing a named saved search, as well as searchString with the whole string.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...