Reporting

Safest way to delete old finalized jobs?

gfoligna0
Explorer

I need to clean, in a safe way, my finalized jobs before they clean up by their own to avoid quota problems. Wherever on the CLI or the GUI, I should be allowed to clean these up. If I could modify the TTL of the finalized jobs to be cleaned up in a shorter amount of time will be my relief.

I've been searching in the Documentation but I couldn't find the resolution.
We're doing a lot of searches and some user quotas are full.

Right now we're deleting files (older than 5') from the dispatch directory every 5 minutes:

*/5 * * * * find /opt/splunk/var/run/splunk/dispatch/ -type d -mmin +5 | xargs /bin/rm -rf

I'll appreciate any help on this.

Thank you all!

0 Karma
1 Solution

Masa
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I know this is too late. But, just in case;

We introduced a new feature to manage dispatch jobs in 4.2.3.

Here is the answer;
http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/29551/too-many-search-jobs-found-in-the-dispatch-directory

View solution in original post

Masa
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I know this is too late. But, just in case;

We introduced a new feature to manage dispatch jobs in 4.2.3.

Here is the answer;
http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/29551/too-many-search-jobs-found-in-the-dispatch-directory

gfoligna0
Explorer

Cool.

What we're doing actually is deleting files (and directories) older than 5 minutes on the Dispatch Directory every minute.
I don't know if it's the best solution, but it's working for us. (:

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...