Reporting

Populate Reports page in "Search & Reporting" page upon app install

shipitsquirrel
Explorer

Hello,

I'm currently developing a Splunk app and am having trouble bundling saved searches to appear in the Search & Reporting app.

My intention is to include a list of searches in my app package (in savedsearches.conf or elsewhere) that will appear in the Reports tab of S&R. I've done some digging but haven't found a solution that works.

Is this possible? I'm developing in Splunk Enterprise 9.1.3.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

By default, reports in your app are shown in your app.  To have them appear in the S&R app the reports must be shared globally and the Reports dashboard must be set to show reports from all apps.  Or your report must be shared within your app and the S&R Reports dashboard must be set to show reports from your app.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

By default, reports in your app are shown in your app.  To have them appear in the S&R app the reports must be shared globally and the Reports dashboard must be set to show reports from all apps.  Or your report must be shared within your app and the S&R Reports dashboard must be set to show reports from your app.

---

shipitsquirrel
Explorer

Thanks for the help! 

Do you have an example of what it looks like to share a search globally? I've read lots of forum posts and Splunk Docs but haven't gotten a clear answer on how to configure this in the .conf file.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Sharing is specified in default.meta rather than in .conf files.  To make a search global, use settings like these

[savedsearches/<<URL-encoded search name>>]
export = system
---
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...