Reporting

PDF rendering leaves big gaps

watsm10
Communicator

Hi, I've got a pretty large dashboard which is split up into 4 sections. Each section looks like this:

1st Row : Title
2nd Row : Left - Single Value | Right - Single Value
3rd Row : Column chart
4th Row : Column chart

I can see that these will easily fit on one page, but everytime the PDF server renders the dashboard there is always a huge gap between the 3rd and 4th row, so the 4th row appears on the next page.

I've set the paper size to A3 portrait. I would also prefer not to split them up onto separate dashboards.

Can anyone suggest a way of inserting a page break, or a way of changing the margins on the PDF server?

0 Karma

tgeer123
Path Finder

Actually - if you are using the integrated- check out /lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/pdf/pdfrenderer.py

I changed the margins, and font size there, and you can probably do other things as well.

tgeer123
Path Finder

Are you using PDF server or the integrated PDF in SPLUNK 5/6?
If the integrated one I found this:
http://answers.splunk.com/answers/106550/can-i-change-the-margin-space-of-my-pdf

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...